Test Drive of RoamFree NinjaFor 2 weeks I tested the RoamFree Ninja, a pocket sized (about the size of old Nokia phones) mobile WiFi hotspot (router) to which one connects mobile devices for internet.
I had it with me everywhere I went: towns, beaches, off-road, top of castles, and even on an airplane.
It worked everywhere (except on the airplane once we ascended into the sky) and the internet speed was always great, even off-road.
There were no dropped connections anywhere; just great wifi everywhere!
Benefits of Using RoamFree NinjaTypically visitors buy SIM cards for use in Croatia, especially if coming from US, because internet charges on personal phones from the home country get very expensive very quickly.
However, even with SIM cards, the charges for internet access quickly use the available balance, especially if watching videos. From experience, a 20€ SIM card doesn't last more than 2 days if accessing the internet and making international calls. You also have to remember to unlock the phone and then hassle with SIM card replacement.
Key benefits to using RoamFree Ninja:
- Unlimited internet access
- Fast internet speed (~ 20 mbps)
- Connect up to 10 devices at the same time
- Ability to make phone calls via internet (with Viber, Whatsapp, Skype, etc.)
- Recharges with the included USB cord that you can connect to mobile phone plug
- No set-up: just turn on and connect to wifi (see instructions below)
- No hassle: free pick-up at your address in Croatia and free prepaid return envelope
- Affordable: for 5-14 day rental, the cost is 8.95€/day (all fees included)
Great for FamiliesIf you're traveling as a family, your family will love RoamFree Ninja. We're a family of 4 with 2 mobile phones and 2 iPads and 2 computers. With RoamFree Ninja, all our devices had wifi access, making everyone happy, even the kids!
Everyone was sorry to see RoamFree Ninja gone once we returned it.
RoamFree Ninja won't disappoint, regardless of where you travel in Croatia. I hope they soon expand to Slovenia and other neighboring countries.