New Book: Best of IstriaI've been working on the Best of Istria book since summer 2015, shortly after participating in the ShareIstria contest. Istria is an amazing place that everyone must visit at least once.
Istria Tourist Board has many outstanding resources about Istria on its website, and there are many blog posts about Istria on the web. However, my goal with this book is connect all highlights of Istria to Google Maps, so they're all available in one interactive Best of Istria Google Map.
As a Google Local Guide, I appreciate the value of connecting the Best of Istria book with Google Maps where the reader can learn more about the place, find its location and use Google directions to get there, see pictures, get contact information, and read reviews. By tying Best of Istria book to Google Maps, I hope to provide readers with a practical guide to exploring Istria that is truly unique.
Best of Istria: ContentThe book covers the highlights from the following destinations (highlights link to Facebook posts; a new link will be posted every day in August):
- NW Istria (includes Umag, Novigrad, Brtonigla, and Buje)
- Central Istria (includes Pazin, Buzet, Groznjan, and Motovun)
- Vrsar and Funtana
- Pula and Medulin (also includes Brijuni Islands)
- Labin and Rabac
The book also covers the highlights organized by the following interests:
- Istria's top attractions
- Blue Istria coast drive
- Green Istria inland drive
- Camping sites
- Historical sites
- Nature and national parks
- Family fun
- Museums and galleries
- Olive oil producers
- Gourmet restaurants
Best of Istria: Share Your FavoritesThrough end of August, I invite you to share your favorites of Istria:
- In comments of this blog post, or
- On the Adriatic Road Trip Facebook page (there will be a new Facebook post every day for each new destination and interest category), or
- Anonymously via Best of Istria survey.
Everyone who makes a contribution will get a free electronic copy of the Best of Istria book once it publishes.
Thanks for the help, and look forward to learning about your secret spots in Istria! :)